Tuesday 25 November 2014

Mr. Jekyll and Mrs. Hyde?

Two puns in that title if you read it right ;)

So a less serious, simple shout out about self expression to those who understand, and those don’t. For several years I’ve done this. Yes the image, that’s me. All started out as a ‘wouldn’t it be cool if’ and is rapidly turning into a OMFG, I had no idea I could feel this good about myself!

Being able to allow the thought of vulnerability and self expression into your life for most guys growing up, is a life sentence of tribal bullying. I know there are good evolutionary reasons for this tribal ganging up just like there were great reasons for people to live in caves... once upon a time. Personally I managed to work my way around the problem by being sensible and generally giving as good as I got. BUT, it didn’t make me feel good and I disliked being that way. I guess each of us can't be uniquely human without being warped in some way? 

You see it’s not just what it looks like. It’s what it feels like, inside. It allows you to shift a gear in your mind. Call it therapy ;)

Guys are being marginalised in the modern world. Not by women. By common sense and marketing - Oh yeah, and by guys and some girls who buy into the past. You see, strength and masculinity are not the same thing. Go work it out for yourself if you don’t understand.

I accept that sometimes if a guy goes girly it can be simply a pendulum like reaction against their alter ego, but not always. Then we’re into the discussion of what ‘trans’ is. Let’s leave that for another day!
There are so many great things about being a girl: “Shopping, getting dolled up, being permitted to be ‘emotional’…” 

This quote inspired this blog post so I can't not post a link to the commercial site it's from. Lots of free advice if you sign up for emails. Personally I’ve never bought anything from there but I appreciate the site:
Feminization Secrets Site

I guess this is a cue also the a somewhat deeper story link I posted last time so I’ll repost it here:
The Guardian on kids and gender

No comments:

Post a Comment