Friday 5 December 2014

Feel Good

Sometimes being Trans / CD / Tgirl whatever can feel a little like Alice tumbling down the rabbit hole. But you know falling can be fun. It's the landing you need to worry about...

Okies so let's think of starting 2015 Feeling good. As I say, it's often not the best feeling to be Trans or whatever as we aren't the norm' and don't always appear to fit-in, but I like to look at the flip-side of this. In what is becoming a trademark I'm stealing bits of other things to put my point over. The first is taken from one of my regular emails from,

Steppingoutsecrets

Lucille Sorella gave ten benefits to being Transgender but I've whittled it down to five as I thought the others, whilst valid could easily apply to say, hiking or aerobics ;)

Five very good things about being Transgender

1. It allows you to integrate the best of both genders into your personality.  
2. It motivates you to stay in shape and take care of yourself. (A girl’s gotta look good, right?)
3. It makes you more empathetic towards women.
4. It makes you an interesting person. (Normal is boring!)
5. It gives you more compassion towards others who don’t fit the norms of society. Important one that!

My second piece of inspiration comes from Avril Lavigne's "Anything but Ordinary" track. You can hear it on You tube here,

Avril Lavigne - Anything but ordinary

But it's really the lyrics that make it. Here is the main section and it describes very well how I often feel and in some way I'm proud of being and well, it makes me feel good!

To walk within the lines
Would make my life so boring
I want to know that I 
Have been to the extreme
So knock me off my feet
Come on now give it to me
Anything to make me feel alive

Is it enough to love?
Is it enough to breathe?
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed
Is it enough to die?
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be anything but ordinary please
I'd rather be anything but ordinary please.

Let down your defences
Use no common sense
If you look you will see 
that this world is a beautiful 
accident turbulent suculent 
opulent permanent, no way
I wanna taste it 
Don't wanna waste it.

Sometimes I get so weird
I even freak myself out
I laugh my self to sleep
It's my lullaby

No comments:

Post a Comment