Friday 16 October 2015

Trans Lovers


So in what seems to be a month of UK television reporting for moi...

With a write up in the Guardian this is from Channel 4. The last in the series of 'Sex Diaries' documentaries. Whilst I was put off by the program description, "Meet the heterosexual men declaring their love for transgender women with male genitalia" I can forgive the director Charlie Russell and C4 for wanting to grab attention for this program. I guess they had to appeal to the sensationalist crowd.

Moving on, this is available on C4 until mid' November and in my opinion worth a watch. Overall I'd agree with the Guardian's write up, The focus is largely on the men but the women’s stories are often more interesting. 

Take-outs are on the one extreme, a throw away comment early on “Transgender are like Ferrari” from one 'admirer'. Obviously uses a different emotional garage to me. To on the opposite end of the emotional spectrum being the scene wherein Lorena describes her awful rape and subsequent falling in love with Mark which was so very emotional.

The documentary itself aside, it reminded me why I don't watch too much traditional television... bloody adverts! Arrrgghhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment